Senior Resilience Measurement Advisor
Management Systems International (MSI)
Published on: June 28, 2023
**Please note: All citizenships are eligible for this position.**
MSI seeks a Senior Resilience Measurement Advisor to lead initiatives on resilience measurement, building a body of evidence and knowledge for the USAID/South Sudan Mission. This is a senior Long-Term Technical Assistance (LTTA) position based in Juba, South Sudan. The Senior Resilience Measurement Advisor reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art resilience measurement frameworks producing actionable data for assessing and improving USAID/South Sudan resilience programming following international best practices.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical oversight in designing and implementing rigorous evaluations and special studies to address priority resilience questions.
- Integrate resilience measurement lens into all MELS monitoring processes.
- Serve as the key point of contact within MELS and USAID/South Sudan on resilience analytics and measurement.
- Represent MELS in high-level forums with Mission staff and other key stakeholders.
- Compile and curate information resources on resilience to build a body of knowledge supporting the Mission’s learning agenda.
- Foster effective working relationships with the Mission’s Resilience Unit and the Resilience Advisory Group.
- Support the Mission’s Resilience Coordinator in defining and collating key resilience measurement indicators for the Resilience Advisory Group meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in economics, econometrics, statistics, or other relevant subject is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of applied experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research in an international development context is required.
- Deep familiarity with resilience measurement theory, programming, and practice is required.
- Demonstrable experience in resilience measurement and poverty analysis is required.
- Willingness to conduct fieldwork in challenging contexts is required.
- USAID experience is preferred.
- High-level proficiency in statistical applications such as R, SPSS, and Stata and qualitative analytic programs.
- English language fluency required, and fluency in one or one local languages is preferred.
- Experience leading and managing teams and comfort in working in a task-team environment is required.
- Proven ability to multi-task and effectively work under time pressures.
- Strong professional writing and presentation skills.
- Professional experience working in East Africa is preferred.